Monday, January 23, 2017

January 2017

Another year has come and gone... heck January 2017 is even almost over!  As you can view on my blog I come and go (a lot) depending on the business of life.  Last week provided me with some time on my hands so here I am -back to sharing my story.

Let me catch you up on the Krazy Kooken family.  Last August while watching our two little fish swim during their summer divisional swim meet I received a phone call offering me a full time position.  The idea of going back to work full time was in the back of my mind since Cooper was starting Kindergarten in the fall so after thoughts and prayer I worked out the details of the new position.


Long story short, my position was to be weekday (night shift) until the previous night shift worker returned from medical leave.  At that time, mid-October (ha ha), I would start working weekend nightshift.  The ideal October date was pushed back and delayed until mid-December.  I enjoyed the weekends off and feeling like a "normal family" but working every night took a huge toll on my family and my health.  I was a tired, cranky mom/wife going through life by holding onto a thread.  I can't help but blame myself for Cooper's rough start of Kindergarten :(  We were going from school, to swim practice, drive thru dinners, and trying to sneak in a nap before I had to go to work at 11pm.  I would snack at work throughout the night to try to stay awake, come home and eat breakfast before trying to sleep during the day, and then wake up for lunch... eating crapy food all of the time without exercise has lead me to a weight gain of over 15 pounds.


So here I am- and ready for a detox restart!  I feel like blogging about my adventures holds me accountable.  This new life style might take a bit to get used to but I can't wait to see where it leads me!  My goals include becoming a better Christian, better wife/mom,  start reading, being content, spending less money, eating healthy, and working out.  Hang on... it might be a bumpy ride!

Until next time-
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment