Sunday, September 10, 2017

1st Triathlon in the Books!



As of this morning I'm officially a Triathlete!! Completing a triathlon has been on my To Do list for awhile but the whole "not knowing how to swim" kinda put a dark cloud over registering for a race.  It's crazy how much I can be motivated from other people and they probably don't even know that they have motivated me!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smilingImage result for triathlon motivationImage may contain: one or more people and people standing
I consider myself a runner- 5k, 10k, 15k, half marathons and that one full marathon that was just so much fun- right Taylor McPherson?! Judith Spriggs was also a runner but after I did my Disney fun 26.2 miles, but she did a legit 26.2 and didn't stop. This amazing mom started bike riding. I even told her I didn't like bikers... although secretly I was motivated especially after she worked her butt off and completed a half Iron Man! What?!
Image may contain: one or more people and people standingRun, Bike, and then there was the swim motivation... who would have thought that two little kids could be so motivating.  For three summers Kinnick and Cooper (and the best swim moms) devoted their summers to the Cooper Summer Swim Team. I loved watching their love for the water turn into a compassion of swimming. Many, many practices in all of the elements showed their dedication from summer swim team to trying out and making the Texas Ford Aquatics competitive swim team. I needed to learn how swim. If these kids could, their mom could too! It has been a hard but after practicing lap after lap I knew that I could make 50m across the pool. After a few more practices and YouTube tutorials I can now swim 400m without stopping.
____________________________________________________________________
I registered and trained. This morning I was still scared of swimming, biking, and also running after biking. I want to write a complete post about training and race day but I'm so excited to share my accomplishment!  Here are some of the pictures from today... more posts to come soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment