Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Why I'm Kooky

I started blogging because my life is full of moments that make me laugh and smile... most of the time.  Don't get me wrong, I get stressed and worried as lots of moms do.  I find myself reciting James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  My husband travels a lot for work so I feel like a single mom of two kids most weeks.  I make sure to use my time wisely with them filling our afternoons with trips to the park and cupcake store. 


But mama also needs her time too!  Thats when over two years ago I turned to running.  I ran around the block, registered for 5k's, started getting tan and loosing weight.  Before I knew it I completed my first half marathon!  I was hooked!
Below is a picture of me running 3.3 miles, in 33 degrees, on my 33rd birthday!


Since then I have completed lots of 5k's, a couple 10k's and half marathons, and one FULL Marathon at Walt Disney World.  That's when our family turned into a "Disney Family!"  My love for running has rubbed off on a few friends, not on others, and influenced my husband to start running.  We are registered for the Dumbo Challenge at Disneyland over Labor Day weekend.  I hope you enjoy my blog during my training over the next few months.

What do you enjoy for your mommy time?


No comments:

Post a Comment