Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Fish and Finisher's Jacket

Well, I survived week one of summer break and our kid's first swim meet.  This week will hopefully be a bit less crazy.  On the checklist for the week: VBS with lots of friends, a Swim meet, swim team practice, flag football practice, and lots of call at work.  Ok, so maybe not an easy week.  I am already looking forward to next weekend celebrating Father's Day and being off of work!

Cooper competing with backstroke (his new favorite)

Kinnick reaching long during the relay team
All of this fitness motivated me to change from my flip flops into my running shoes.  Wow!  I am not in shape!  I will stay positive while thinking about running a half marathon in a few months and my second full marathon next winter.  And check out this incentive out!  After completing a lively 26.2 miles I get to walk away with an amazing jacket.  Hopefully, I will be with praise after a sub 5 hour time versus my initial full marathon well over 5 hours (including a roller coaster ride, pictures with Disney characters, and lots of bio-gel stops for my brother).   I will be wearing that jacket with pride!


Lastly, I am loving my pebble smartwatch.  You can check it out here: getpebble.com
On this watch you can add apps to fit your lifestyle.  I enjoy Runkeeper, twistie (for taking pictures), and Misfit.  The app below is from Misfit; tracking my daily steps, activities, and sleep.  What a terrible night of sleep!  I did get a full 8 hours but not very restful.  Next up, in my spare time, I'll have to check out how fall and stay into a deep sleep.  As for now cutting back on Monster Energy drinks might do the trick. 




No comments:

Post a Comment