Sunday, June 7, 2015

National Running Day

It's officially summer!!!  No more party planning... 5 parties in the matter of a month can be a bit stressful.  We (my kids) still stayed busy this week with starting practicing for swim team and flag football.  Lets just say I'm already getting a great summer tan! I loved matching my daughter, Kinnick, at church today!  #Lillyfortarget


We also matched yesterday with similar ponytails! After her dance recital we celebrated by going out to eat for brunch.  The hostess and lots of the waitresses commented on how pretty Kinnick was since she was still in her costume, makeup, and curly hair. (Hey, she only wears that costume for one day so she should wear it the whole day!)  Kinnick quickly commented with, "Thank you!"  And with a flip of her pony she giggle, "My hair is fake!"  Just as quick the hostess responded with, "Oh, sweetie!  So is MINE!  She went there!  And so did I!"  We were rolling!!!


Enough about being Kooky!  I know this blog is about running so let me try to get on topic... Running!  Last Wednesday was National Running Day!  Did you run?  I was browsing Facebook Tuesday night and found out that there was an organized run at Cooper Aerobics in less than 7 hours very close to our house.  I quickly messaged my favorite running partner, Judith, to see if she was interested in joining in on the fun.  She was!  And we did!  Starting at 5:30am, we completed a quick 3.1 miles followed by some yummy pancakes.  We didn't even plan to wear the same color!


Throughout the day I was tempted with all of the National Running Day race deals.  You know I love a great sale!  So I'm registered for my second FULL marathon.  I still can't believe it!  Next February, we are traveling to New Orleans for the Rock 'n Roll Marathon Run.  My racing calendar is slowly filling back up and now I need to focus on my training calendar!  Anyone want to join me for a run?

July 4th Red, White, and Blue Run
July 18th  Hawaiian Falls 5k
November 14th Captain America 10k
November 15th Disney Avengers Half Marathon
February 28th (2016) New Orleans Rock'n Roll Full Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment