Friday, May 23, 2014

In Summer... •insert Olaf voice•

It's officially the end of the first week of summer break!  Did you enjoy yours?  Kinnick, Cooper, and I started the week off by making a list of 100 things to do in the 100 days of summer.  I am pretty proud of our checklist and we have already accomplished a few!  Dress up was on the list; not so much like a member of the Robinson family from Duck Dynasty but how cute!!!


 It was hard to want to workout on Tuesday but I did make it to the gym to run.  I haven't really done any tempo running training, because I need more information of the correct training sequence.  On Tuesday I turned on some music and ran the fasted mile that I could, followed by the fasted mile I could walk.  Mile three was a combo of jogging and sprinting.  I enjoyed the run and it was good practice for the half marathon I am going to be doing with my husband in August (I have a feeling we will be walking a lot)!

Wednesday morning I was ready to work out!  I watched the finale of Dancing with the Stars Tuesday night and went to bed thinking, "I am pretty sure if I get into better shape that I could dance like that too!"  Who doesn't want to dance with Derek Hough and MAKS!  So I ran... fast!  I used to run a solid 11 min mile, then 10:30, and have been stuck at a 10 min mile.  Now, I have consecutively ran two 5k's less than 29 minutes!!! After running I went inside for Zumba Toning (aka kick butt Zumba).  I left the gym so thankful for my lungs, legs, endurance, etc... 


So what's next?  I am running a 10k in the am--- anyone want to join me? :)  I will be running the full 6 miles but if you register for the Jost Running virtual 10k you have other options!  You can "Brave a New Route" by running, walking, biking in increments for a total of the 10k distance!  Check out their site at: www.jostrunning.com
I am also registering for their half marathon and you can too!  Don't roll your eyes!  Log 1 mile everyday for 2 weeks and then collect your amazing bling.  I run for medals!  Do it, Do it!


2 comments:

  1. Loved this post Heather! I'll look into the jostrunning it sounds fun! Love that you made a list for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the jostrunning thing is growing on.me. I like the bling! And the accountability. :)

    ReplyDelete