Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Still celebrating Cinco De Mayo 9 years later

Happy Tuesday!  Did you all celebrate Cinco de Mayo yesterday?  I enjoy the 5th of May not only because it's celebration of thanks to Mexico in fending off the French (Wilkipedia) but it's a great reason to eat yummy enchiladas, tamales, and margaritas.  It's crazy to think that nine years ago I had a Cinco de Mayo send off party from my hometown, Des Moines, to move to Dallas.  Wow!
Our first time in Mexico
My Mom and I celebrating during our trip to Mexico
This year I celebrated a bit different... first was our fun party at Kidz World preschool full of games, food, singing (Libre Soy!), face paint, and who doesn't love a photo booth.  My daughter singing Let it Go in Spanish was a hoot!

And now onto running while celebrating Cinco de Mayo.  I ran more like hiked a hilly 5k Saturday night feeling under the weather and before going into work.  Probably not one of my best decisions, but it was fun and I got to mark race #6 off my 14 in 2014 list.  I officially learned I am not doing a night race again (especially before a 12 hour shift at the hospital).  I run better in the morning- mentally and physically.

With that said, wouldn't it be amazing to run great races for wonderful beneficiaries while receiving bling!  Make sure to check out Jostrunning.com and register for their virtual races this moth supporting ALS.  After signing up you get to pick your race day and time!  Their website allows you to track your race as well as others so the virtual race takes on a community feel.  Register, log a 5k, submit your time and distance within the time frame, and you will find the below medal in your mailbox!  But why stop at a 5k?  I challenge you to register for a longer distance race... maybe not complete all the distance at one time but log it over a week instead.  It's your race!  I will add my virtual races to my facebook events and maybe we can all run -virtually- together! 



No comments:

Post a Comment