Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Retire, Run, Work



Wow!  What a crazy week and it's only Wednesday!  I am late on posting from Saturday's race, but better late than never.  I have just been non-stop from Monster Rehab Energy Drinks since Saturday and I have so many posts that I want to blog about...  So here we go!

Saturday morning started out with our LAST 3 year old soccer game that I have been "coaching."  We were the Hawkeyes and honestly, pretty good.  My son, Cooper, could name 263 other things to be doing during soccer.  He hated most of the season therefore, we both retired of soccer on Saturday.  It was a good run of 3 seasons, but he's moving onto swimming, hockey, and drums!

Lunch was at PDQ-- weird name (People Dedicated to Quality), but pretty amazing chicken strips.
Kinnick, my daughter in black, and her friend Addi
Thank you Nadine for the great picture!
After that was a whirlwind that sent my husband and kids to my daughter's soccer game (which I hated to miss) and me to my second ever 5k "night" race.  I run with a wonderful Moms Run This Town group of women from Allen, Plano, McKinney, and Frisco.  We registered with two teams for the Running Moms Rock 5k in Highland Village, TX.  After a few pictures for the costume contest (we were #teamflour- sponsored my The Flour Shop Cupcakes)  we headed to the starting line for a quick and not easy 5k.  There's only a couple hills in NTX and this race course found them...ouch!  But in the end we had a good time!

#TeamFlourShop from MRTT
Look Mom! 1st place until the next 2 girls showed up :)
Really feeling those push ups, hills, and chicken strips 
Of course it was Saturday night so I hung up my Mom bag, cupcake apron costume, running shoes and headed into work.  I really needed to shower but after a quick meal from my in-laws I decided to jump in their pool with my kids.  The first swim of the year lasted around 2 minutes for me... burr, banana, burr.  I was "clean" and headed back to McKinney for work.  I dread my shift Saturday nights but then Sunday night I know I only have one more day of work until Monday I can be back "being mom!"

Does anyone else try to cram their Saturday's full?
PDQ's chicken is great, but Cane's sauce is amazing, agreed?
Any advise on eating before of "night" race?

No comments:

Post a Comment