Friday, April 4, 2014

The Right Time is NOW!

What a week.  I was busy but, not... does that make sense?  I hardly ran but did work out from home; the Beachbody 21 day fix workouts are great!  If I would follow the diet plans I'm sure I would look like Jillian Michael's by summer... but we all know that is not going to happen.  I hardly drink but my husband and I love to eat and celebrate everything!


For example this week: last Friday I had a Jamberry Nail party at our house- perfect reason to have treats and sangria.  As for Monday, I worked all weekend so I needed extra sugar and caffeine.  Tuesday was taco Tuesday and my kids love tacos and sitting on the patio.  Thursday was teacher appreciation day so I had to try some yummy treats.  Thursday night we survived tornado warnings, dangerous hail, and minimal fighting in the closet while the storm was hitting our house therefore I think we all deserved a trip to Sonic.  That was just one week!  Just how many celebratory treats to I need to eat?






To top it all off I joined a facebook group called, The Diet Bet.  I weighed in Sunday 15 pounds heavier than I was at the beginning of the year before my Disney Marathon.  Since then it has been either celebratory or stress eating.





When is the right time to start watching what you eat, stop drinking soda, start walking maybe even a run?  I read plenty of devotions, blogs, media about taking mom time and I know that its easier said than done.  That is why I have a love-hate relationship with facebook.  Being in a group that we are held accountable and there's even a cash reward at the end; I am going to at least try to be competitive.  Also, when I register for a race I post it on FB because that means I'm DOING that race; I will train, run, and feel better with an accomplishment.  And now that I have put it in writing on my blog I now have another public place for accountability.  I have a goal of running 500 miles this year and 14 races in 2014!

Here is where I am so far: 120.69miles logged for 2014

      1. Walt Disney World Marathon   ✔
      2. MRTT Start Your Engines        ✔
      3. Dallas Rock N Roll                   ✔
      4. Stonebriar Spring Sprint
      5. Running Moms Rock
      6. Chicago Rock N Roll
      7. Run Like A Mother
      8. Disneyland 10k
      9. Disneyland Half Marathon
      10. Dallas Ultra 13.1
      11. San Antonio Rock N Roll
      12. Fairview NYE Marathon (24.5 miles!!!)
      13. Fairview NY Day 5k
      14. ???
What are your goals for the rest of 2014? What keeps you competitive, accountable, and motivated?
Do you celebrate with food as much as I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment