Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon Dallas Recap

What a weekend!  I did it though and have an amazing medal to prove it!  I'll start with being spoiled and taking packet pick up at Run On! for granted.  The RnR expo was in Downtown Dallas but it was worth the drive (Kinnick had lots of fun).
Sunday I ran in the Dallas Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon.  During the training for my full marathon back in January, I logged many miles following the runDisney/Galloway schedule.  I remember running 8-10 miles and finally feeling like a runner.  With that said, I learned more about running during this race than all of my marathon training.

  • Just because you ran 26.2 miles 2 months ago, without maintenance running 13.1 will hurt and be HARD!  Then you will also hurt the next day.  And the next!
  • There is something about eating and you diet!  I have been devouring processed foods and I'm paying the price. PS make sure to eat SOMETHING before any run besides coffee!
  • Riding on the DART isn't that bad.  Thank you to MRTT for such an amazing group of moms sharing experiences and new friendships!
  • Stress and Sleep play a HUGE factor in training and racing!
  • Don't go to work after running 13.66 miles!
  • 13.66? Yes! Lastly, don't weave!  I started too far back in my coral, surrounded by slower runner/walkers, and weaved to take pictures resulting in running an extra half mile!



I had lots of fun even though I am not excited about my finishing time.  I did keep my goal of 10 minute miles, but just for 13.66 miles.  The RnR medal is gorgeous!  While registering for this race I had the opportunity to register for three half's at basically buy 2 get 1 free and you all know I like a "sale!"  So I am already planning my next two RnR half's--- probably Chicago and San Antonio.  Anyone want to join me and we can properly train for the next one ?!  I am now out for a sub 2hr PR and with motivation I know that it can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment