Monday, March 17, 2014

Getting back on track

This morning I ran 6 miles and it felt amazing!  I was in a rut and feeling yucky about my body imagine, in my head, and the way I was as a mom/wife.  It's crazy that just one little run could change all of these things.  Do you all have days or activities like this?  Running is almost (I said almost) as a daily necessity as coffee.  Kinnick knows that nothing is happening before mama gets her second cup of coffee.  I almost went a straight week without a run... probably not ideal when you are registered to run a half marathon in less than a week.  I will be rocking and rolling through Dallas on Sunday listening to good music and not focusing on a PR.
Rock 'n' Roll dal
Speaking of music.  With my spare time at home last week during spring break I compiled a new half marathon playlist.  Here is what I'm listening to now:


I couldn't wait to run my new playlist and songs this morning.  I was in a zone, minding my own business with a packed gym "running" around me.  There is a huge difference in the amount of people and types of people that workout at 9:30am vs 3pm vs 5pm.  Everyone there this morning was already in shape!  Very intimidating.  So I did what all people do when running intimidated on the treadmill do... Not only crank up my tunes and dance while running, BUT record it to prove! :)  "Let it Go!" came on and I was on!  I am not trying to be cheesy but I literally let it all go, didn't care about the guy next to me racing me, not a worry about the size 4 girl in front of me, and I might have danced to more than one song.  Before I knew it 6 miles were done!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203360251186934&l=1439426245690574820

No comments:

Post a Comment