Friday, March 21, 2014

Walking Kooky

I feel like this week was in slow motion.  Let me just spill the beans.  Thank goodness my coworker, Suzette, who offered to work my Sunday night shift allowing me to function on Monday.  My daughter was so excited to get back to school and see her friends after a spring break; I was excited to run!  It was a windy St. Patrick's Day so I turned up my new play list and hit the treadmill.  Little did I know that was going to be my last run before tackling a half marathon this weekend.  Tuesday we were so excited for Frozen that we missed dance class and headed to Grapevine Mills Disney Store.  Gigi and Papa Texas met us for dinner and a little shopping!

On Wednesday it was career day in my daughter's class at Kidz World preschool.  I had the opportunity to talk about xrays and working in a hospital.  Kinnick insisted on dressing up as a "Pop Star!"
Then it was mommy and Cooper time!  We went to the veterinarian to find out why our dog, Miles, has been acting different.  Diabetes with insulin injections twice a day!  Poor Miles.  Then a couple hours later my smiley faced little Cooper turned into a low grade fever, cuddle bug.  
I really wanted to take him to the pediatrician then and there, but I waited to see if it was a bug.  Wednesday night his fever spiked to over 101.  A quick visit to the doctor confirmed strep throat.  Meanwhile, Thursday at school Kinnick turned in extra bonus point coins for treasure!
 The real treasure was Ms. Angie picking Kinnick up from school and having an impromptu play date with Ben.  She had a blast at the park and playing with walkie talkies.
So now it's Friday!  Whew!  Cooper goes from "rush me to the Urgent Care" to a rambunctious three year old with ibuprofen.  He loves checking out the old school viewfinders of Smurfs, Muppet's and Disneyland!  Thanks Gigi and Papa Iowa for passing on the "vintage" toys!
Sunday I will be rocking the Dallas Rock 'n Roll half marathon with a bruised big toe and inadequate training.  Monday starts a new training plan--- who is joining me ?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment