Saturday, May 17, 2014

JostRunning Virtual 5k

This week was full of so many up and downs! My daughter graduated from preschool so I officially have my first kindergartner.  With all of the prepping and tears of graduation, parties, and teacher end of the year gifts I didn't get to run... At all!  Have you ever been in a lull like that?  Towards the end of the week I needed mom time, so I looked towards running.


Thursday was the last day of preschool where I teach and my kids attend.  I planned a perfect afternoon heading to the gym after school while the kids were still all wound up from last day school festivities.  I was going to run a virtual 5k through Jost Running and support ALS... But my kiddos had other plans.  (We ended up having snow cones for dinner!)  Have you registered for a race and then race day comes and you can't run, don't want to run, etc?  That is the beauty of virtual racing! It's your race! So rather than loosing my registration fee and chalking it up to a donation with at shirt; virtual racing allows you to race on your time to fit your calendar.


SO...Friday morning was my virtual 5k!  It was amazing! Perfect weather and I was feeling great.  5k in just over 26 minutes!!! I achieved a PR! With Jost Running you can input your time and see yourself on the leader board... just like a live race.  Not only did I get to pick my race day, time, and location- check out this bling. Let's face it- who doesn't run for the medal?  I am already registered for a 10k through Jost Running Virtual Racing.  Who wants to join me?




No comments:

Post a Comment